Yossi Harari is the master of timeless jewelry – effortlessly melding exotic and modern, whimsical and chic. With an atelier in Istanbul and a gallery in Tel Aviv, his design process is fully informed by the spectacular architecture and landscape of both cities. Honing his craft in the rich hue of 24-karat yellow gold, Yossi Harari jewelry now includes a versatile range of metals, gemstones and finishes. Designed to be worn layered, with a sense of easy luxury, each piece is in fact made by hand – each clasp, each bead, each bezel – entirely without the use of molds or castings. This human touch instills the feeling of history inherent in every piece.
- Born in Israel and raised in both Israel and Turkey, he grew up surrounded by beautiful objects and ancient artifacts that inspired him from an early age
- Designed his first piece of jewelry at 11 years old
- Received formal training and degrees in Gemology and Jewelry Design from GIA (Los Angeles) and in History of Arts from Tel Aviv University
- Opened first atelier in Istanbul in 1992
- Opened first gallery in Tel Aviv in 1998
- Discovered by MUSE founder Jennifer Shanker in 1999 while she was searching for wedding rings in Israel with her soon-to- be husband.
QUOTES FROM YOSSI:
“My jewelry is a contrast between the old and the new. Although I am inspired by archeological jewels of the past, I have a modern, bold interpretation of classic designs.”
“I design for the modern woman – the woman on the go, who wants to be comfortable yet sexy, exotic yet modern, fashionable yet possessing her own sense of style.”
ABOUT THE JEWELRY:
- Many pieces in the collection are made in pure 24-karat gold, but the collection also uses 18k gold and “gilver”, a combination of silver and gold that is then oxidized
- The absolute purity of 24k gold means that people who have adverse reactions to traditional gold alloys, even high-karat alloys, will be able to finally wear gold without discomfort
- Completely handcrafted using ancient gold-smithing techniques rarely used today
- The 24k gold will never tarnish or discolor, but it will develop a ‘‘personal’’ burnished patina over time
- Meant to be layered, the collection is extremely versatile and elegantly laid back